Sunday 24 May 2009

Snapped spoke...

I went for a short 3 hours ride this morning. The route was Croydon-Box hill-Richmond-Croydon. When I started to climb up Box hill on the Zig-Zag road, I just heard some strange "ping" noise and the next second I felt something wrong. After I stopped and realized I got a broken spoke. Ohh well... wheel wasn't too bad, I fixed the broken one to the next spoke and finished my ride without any problem. The cornering was a bit tricky and over 55km/h, when I looked down, I felt I will get epilepsy...
My wheels built with Sapim CX Ray spokes. Personaly I never was a big Sapim fun... and after this I definitely change my spokes for DT Swiss aero light! 
I am off now, one really good friend of mine comes to visit me from Hungary. Have a nice Sunday everybody!

1 comment:

WILLIAM said...

Hi sorry to hear about your snapped bike spoke. Will have to make sure that I check my bike before I leave the house.