Thursday 3 March 2011

Why I don't eat peanuts?



I mentioned about my peanuts free diet couple of weeks ago, but I didn't share the reason. I am a quite big nuts and nut butter fun long time ago and I started to eat even more in the last couple of months. I consume more then 1-1,5kg/week... sometimes a bit more. Usually I eat all sort of nuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashew, brazil...
And I ate a lots of peanuts and peanut butter as well! But hang on, actually peanut is NOT nut! Peanut is a legume! Okay, basically it isn't reason, because I usually eat legumes.
But cut the long story short, the main reasons are:

- peanut one of the most genetically modified plant (GM never good..)
- according different tests, peanuts contain huge amount of pesticides (except organic)
-very high in lectin, which can cause heart and vascular disease
-because peanut is legume, it can contain alfatoxin, which is produced by fungus called Aspergillus flavus. This fungus live on grains and legumes. Alfatoxin can cause food poisoning, liver disease and even death. I got very serious food poison from peanuts last December. I spent 3 day in the row in the bad, I wasn't able to move...
-omega 3-6 ratio is absolutely wrong in peanuts! Peanuts and peanuts oil are too high in omega 6 and too low in omega 3 fatty acids. It can cause cardiovascular disease..

Are they enough reason for you to cut out peanuts from your diet?
Try to munch on other nuts, like almond or brazil and try to change your peanuts butter to almond or cashew butter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did not thought about this until now :)Hemorrhoids Treatment Cure Extract prevents the
pancreatic from breaking down starch into maltose and dextrin. It also can stop the development of alpha-amylase
digestive enzymes in the overall body. Medical doctors often advocate this to their patients
who are diabetics because the Hemorrhoids Treatment Cure
stops the creation of alpha-glucosidase established in the intestines
from remodeling disaccharides and starches into glucose.
Hemorrhoids Treatment Cure benefits also stops sugar and carbohydrate food from changing into
surplus fats by preventing the growth of citrate lyase.
Some physicians use Garcinia as a laxative to help with congestion or
other wellness reasons such as dieting, to reduce anxiety,
depression, mood swings and as a aid to finding a great night sleep.



Feel free to surf to my website :: hemorrhoids relief at home