Wednesday 1 June 2011

Short bank holiday weekend!


Doh! Bank holidays are not good for me anymore. Because I am off every Sunday-Monday and actually the shop is closed on Mondays the Bh days doesn't effect me anymore! :(

I missed Friday running speed workout and I decided to do it on Saturday evening. Treadmill session went well and may be I went on the mad side a bit. Saturday night was the usual story, I went in bed very late and I had to wake up early on Sunday morning...

Martin (my hyper-super sport massage therapist) wanted to try something on me. He made some work on my legs before my ride. Basically I sat straight on the bike from the massage table and headed out for a "longer" ride. I met with him 6:30 in the morning.

When I left home and headed to Martin's place Sunday morning, my legs cried for more sleep. I had terrible muscle sorness from last night run. I thought this Sunday ride isn't a good idea...

But after 45 minutes later I headed out for a ride and actually I quite enjoyed it. My head and rest of my body still was tired, but I got a pair of brand new legs! Wowww! I have to say Martin's pre ride work made some huge change on my legs and the experience was unbelievable.

I am really looking forward Martin's further techs testing... If you have any flexibility or muscle problem, just give him a buzz and I am sure, he can help for you! You can find his contact details here: http://www.suppleworx.co.uk/

Part of my legs my Sunday ride was awful and short. The weather was windy, my garmin went mental and lost route plan and Sunday drivers were assholes! Usually wind doesn't bother me and I like to ride in windy weather, but when you tired and didn't have enough coffee... all views change! I managed to ride only 80km, which one is a bit shame. I could ride more, but wasn't a point totally kill myself one week before the 10k running race.


Monday was my rest day. I felt myself a bit tired, but all was ok! We went out to Holland park with Adel and we had a lunch over there. The weather was a bit windy, but quite nice. I managed to read out the new Runners World magazine and chill out a bit. I finished the afternoon in the gym with some upper body workout.
Picknick lunch in fruitarian style...


My dinner was a bit disappointing and painful... My pineapple went a bit too acidy and I got a very sore mouth, lips and tongue after dinner and my stomach felt funny, but was too late....


Tuesday morning I felt my stomach very uncomfy, but managed to do my short run with speed workouts. I didn't enjoyed this session very much, but I did it. I had a major muscle pain from Monday gym session. I think I reached the point when I can made a first negative feedback about 80/10/10 diet. If you do heavy training and destroy muscle mass, your body struggle to build it back from 10% or less daily protein intake. The recovery seems a bit longer as well. Energy level still was high and I wasn't heavy headed then on the high fat-protein paloe diet....


I finished the morning on the market, when I managed to buy 20kg bananas on some blinding price.

No comments: